Manager - ESG Assurance Carbon Accounting SME (KDN)
Check our requirements
- CPA or similar accreditation is preferred
- Extensive experience applying your knowledge and expertise in a variety of sectors, including the Oil & Gas and Chemical sector
- Ability to make quick, sound decisions and work in an agile way
- Excellent stakeholder and client management skills. The position requires you to work with multiple teams and clients in an international context, meaning easy adaption to different international and cultural environments is required
- Experience working with offshore teams and/or collaborating on special initiatives
- Good interpersonal, presentation and communication skills with the ability to move between listening to, guiding, and coaching with impact. You will need these skills for training team members, networking events and preparing and launching thought leadership.
- Fluency in English. Additional languages, such as Spanish, Italian, French and German would be highly beneficial
- Business development experience
- Team management experience
- As firm policy permits, willingness to travel domestically or internationally (up to 25%)
- Willingness to work flexible hours to accommodate global team schedules
Discover the tasks that are waiting for you
To be successful, KDN ESG Assurance aims to amplify existing investments in ESG knowledge, experience and processes to deliver best in class services across the KPMG network. The role therefore focuses on building a framework and solutions that are innovative, purposeful, and fit for adoption across the network.
Key activities will include:
- Representing KPMG and building the assurance brand from an international perspective
- Supporting and partially managing ESG assurance engagements, including report assurance, readiness services and other assurance related activities with a focus on Carbon Accounting subject matter expertise
- Building capacity within the member firms through training and knowledge.
Find out what we have for you
Everyone brings a unique perspective. We want to harness diverse thinking by bringing bright minds together and valuing the differences that lead to stronger insights and innovation. At KDN, we recognise that we need Inclusion, Diversity and Equality to be successful. We want to attract, retain and develop diverse talent at all levels. This means recruiting from the widest possible pool of talent, removing barriers that can prevent our people from reaching their full potential, and fostering a fully inclusive environment which maximises collaboration and empowers everyone at KPMG to bring their whole selves to work. We encourage authenticity, honor individual priorities, and respect your choices.
Our recruitment process
Get to know the team better
KDN for Audit is a critical component of delivering the Global ESG Assurance strategy, and is fundamental to ensuring member firms can scale their assurance practices’ in a rapidly changing market.
Our vision is that the KDN ESG Assurance team will support every ESG Assurance engagement across the global network with access to market leading expertise and highly standardised services so they can deliver consistently high quality. The CSRD in the EU is expected to create a multi-billion dollar opportunity for KPMG in ESG assurance, but in order to meet demand, we will need a significant amount of capacity and subject matter experience. KDN will be the only way member firms can meet the scale of this challenge, and is a truly transformative opportunity for the firm.
We are seeking a Manager to serve as a Carbon Accounting Subject Matter Expert to partner with global Leaders to build profile, provide credibility for ESG sales pitches and develop and lead the delivery of assurance services. Through this work, you will have the opportunity to help shape a more sustainable future, as well as work with fantastic colleagues and the brightest minds in KPMG.